A group of the most renowned and authoritative European yacht brokers has joined forces to create Equinoxe Yachts International, a newco dedicated entirely to the purchase and sales of superyachts and spanning four operational bases: Turin, Nice, Cala Galera and Geneva.
Equinoxe Yachts International’s mission is to provide future owners with technical assistance in selecting the perfect yacht and then to support them professionally through the many complex phases of making a purchase. The new company is the product of a synergic meeting of minds between highly authoritative seafaring professionals who have been working in the yacht brokerage sector for over 30 years.
The announcement of the launch of the new company was made by Corrado Di Majo, Chairman of Equinoxe International and Chairman of Equinoxe S.r.l., of which Equinoxe International is an affiliate, and by Alessandro Ussi, CEO of Equinoxe Srl.
The founders of Equinoxe Yachts International include the Italian yacht brokerage company Equinoxe S.r.l., which lends the new business its name and has been a touchstone for yacht and superyacht sales in Italy and an Italian charter market leader since 1986.
The company is flanked on the French market by Nicolas Valin, president of Neo Yachting, a yacht charter and sales intermediary company founded in Nice in 2009, which now has branches in Europe and Asia. Daniele Botticini and Marica Lippa of Wind Yachts, on the other hand, are based in Cala Galera, the go-to port in the heart of the Tyrrhenian Sea for Italian, foreign and Northern European owners who chose to purchase, manage and moor their boats in Italian waters. Alessandro Mazzoni was a partner of Fraser Yachts and is now Equinoxe International’s Business Developer, lastly, Aldo Tomasina, a nautical entrepreneur, one of the founders of Toy Marine.
EYI’s operational structure spans four offices:
- Turin: The company headquarters where marketing and general services activities are based.
- Cala Galera: The largest marina in central Italy, located approx. 100 km from Rome.
- Nice: At the heart of the Cote d’Azur.
- Genève: A strategic location for the Northern European market.
“Finding the perfect yacht with the right conditions of sale for each individual demands skill, time and professional experience to both intuit the future owner’s needs and pinpoint the very best available craft on the world market,” explains Corrado Di Majo.
Over the last 30 years – tells Corrado – we have sold in excess of 500 yachts:
- New yachts as dealers for leading international yards: Azimut, Ferretti, Beneteau.
- Brokered the sales and trade-ins of some of the finest pre-owned yachts on the world market.
- Acted as project managers and general contractors for custom sailing yacht projects designed and built as one-offs by the top Italian yards.”
Contact us by email