After 30 years in business, Equinoxe Yachts is acknowledged as one of the leading companies on the world superyacht market and is also considered the standard-bearer for Italian excellence in its sector.
Corrado Di Majo, one of the two Equinoxe Yachts founders, is a seasoned sailor. He has completed one edition of the legendary Ostar solo transatlantic race from Britain to the US, three editions of the Whitbread crewed round the world race (now better known as the Volvo Ocean Race), and numerous Atlantic crossings.
Turning his passion into a career felt like the only way to go for Di Majo and that lifestyle choice became a reality when he met one of Italy’s top athletes, Alessandro Ussi, in 1986, and founded Equinoxe Yachts with him.
Over the next three decades, Equinoxe Yachts successfully developed its business in two directions:
- Yacht sales: in excess of 500 vessels sold over 30 years.
- Crewed and bareboat charters: over 10,000 contracts signed in 30 years.
- New boat sales as a dealer for the leading international yards: Bénéteau, Azimut Benetti, Ferretti.
- Brokerage of preowned motor and sailing yacht sales on the international market.
- Construction and sales of custom sailing yachts, one-off craft bespoke-designed and built by the leading Italian yards
Over three decades, Equinoxe Yachts has become the Italian company of choice on the international superyacht brokerage market. It was one of the first members of the MYBA, the worldwide umbrella organisation for the leading international brokers. It has also been part of Nautica Italiana, the association that represents nautical businesses of excellence in Italy, a nation that accounts for 40% of global superyacht production, since the latter’s earliest days.
Equinoxe has also collaborated with some of Italy’s top designers, acting on its clients’ behalf as general contractor and project manager on hugely-successful luxury sailing superyacht projects, following the entire procedure from design to construction and delivery stages.
These consultancy skills, its knowledge of the market, and its well-established technical and professional relationships with leading designers and shipyards the world over, mean Equinoxe Yachts is the Italian benchmark company on the global nautical market.
- Bareboat charters or charters with just a skipper of yachts of between 10 and 18 metres. Since it first went into business, Equinoxe Yachts has represented the world’s largest superyacht charter broker company, the Moorings-Sunsail Group, which has over 1,500 boats spread over 30 different destinations across the world’s seas.
- Crewed luxury charters of motor and sailing superyachts and megayachts of between 18 and 100 metres, in every corner of the world.
- Equinoxe Yachts’ pride and joy is its own fleet which is made up exclusively of regularly-checked yachts selected for their impeccable quality and sailed by highly-experienced professional skippers and crews.
Equinoxe Yachts launched its charter business in 1986 to bring together the then-exclusive but niche yacht world and traditional tourism, to make luxury boating holidays the perfect choice for everyone, including people that love both the sea and travel but are not seasoned sailors.
Since its very earliest days, Equinoxe Yachts has offered its clients a full-service yacht charter experience that encompasses a wide range of services from aircraft ticket booking to travel insurance, hotel accommodation and services the world over. While this approach may seem normal today, when we first introduce it in the late 1980s, it was entirely radical and marked the start of a success story that continues to go from strength to strength.